HP Officejet 63110 Series driver issue for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch OSX 10.10.1, 3.2GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB DDR3 ram
Hello,
I have a iMac with a HP Officejet 63110 series all in one printer attached.
I researched on the hp website and was under the understanding, that the drivers are incorporated in the mac os. I read I was to complete the update then add the printer and select the correct model(which showed by default).
I am unable to complete an entire page.
Upon printing a test page, it only prints a few lines.(does mac do this by writing directly to the hardware?)

Any advice on fixing this so it can print would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi gsahli,

Thank you. Yes it is a 6310 HP printer. I had a typo. I will try to do that today and it should work. I will post my results.

I am a microsoft certified professional so this is quite new to me at this stage.

-Steve

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,

Ok, I have looked at the links you sent me.

I can see the Officejet 6300 Series printer is supported on the HCL.

I had tried the reset printer and was only able to get to re adding the printer driver as was done multiple e times before.

It seems the printer shows up under printers and scanners as officejet 6300 Series.

When I remove it by clicking the - button. It disappears. Upon restart it is there again.

I simply am trying to remove it completely, restart and verify its removed. Then re-add it altogether.

M

MacInWin

Click the "-", then unplug the printer from the Mac and reboot. It should NOT reappear. Now plug the printer into the Mac and it should be discovered and installed. I think it's showing up on restart because it's being discovered and reinstalled.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,

Thank you all so much for your help but it was a hardware issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Can you tell us what - for future reference?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hello,

Yes, see the printer is now on my windows based computer. I had a hard time gettig it running. The USB cable was somewhat faulty and there are some other hardware issues going on. Apple was called and they could not figure it out.
As far as I can tell it was the cable. Now my dad did try another printer f the same make and model to no avail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.