Best Portfolio?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I need a good portfolio to run off an iPad to show a potential client. Can anyone recommend a good app to show photos and design that DOESN'T need internet connection? I use Flickr but am not sure that's what I am looking for.

The iPad belongs to a family member, so it's not under my username and password. I am not sure if buying something like KeyNote would allow me to run on my iMac and an iPad that is not under my name.

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
As you likely know, Keynote is like PowerPoint and both are excellent presentation programs allowing integration of images, texts, shapes, etc. - slides can contain a large single pic, a combination of images, or a mixture of all. I was an academic radiologist and all of my lectures were as described and done on PowerPoint - the files were easily imported into Keynote (sometimes some minor symbols changed and fonts had to be altered).

BUT, if the above description is what you need, then Keynote would be a consideration - I have the app on both my MBPro (early 2013) and my iPad Air 2 - you could certainly create a presentation in the app on your laptop and then sent it to the iPad - I'm assuming the family member would provide you their passcode to use the iPad, or not? Dave :)

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As you likely know, Keynote is like PowerPoint and both are excellent presentation programs allowing integration of images, texts, shapes, etc. - slides can contain a large single pic, a combination of images, or a mixture of all. I was an academic radiologist and all of my lectures were as described and done on PowerPoint - the files were easily imported into Keynote (sometimes some minor symbols changed and fonts had to be altered).

BUT, if the above description is what you need, then Keynote would be a consideration - I have the app on both my MBPro (early 2013) and my iPad Air 2 - you could certainly create a presentation in the app on your laptop and then sent it to the iPad - I'm assuming the family member would provide you their passcode to use the iPad, or not? Dave :)

Thanks. Just as long as I can use it on my iMac, iPad, and if I buy another iPad. Do I have to download the files to the iPad or can I socially connect them to Keynote?

I still would like to save the money and use a free portfolio tool. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Just as long as I can use it on my iMac, iPad, and if I buy another iPad. Do I have to download the files to the iPad or can I socially connect them to Keynote?

I still would like to save the money and use a free portfolio tool. :)

Keynote is available in two versions, i.e. one for the Mac OS X ($20 purchase) and another for iOS ($10 price tag), so these obviously are not free but relatively inexpensive, especially if this relates to your profession. You would need to download the proper operating system version to each of your devices.

For cross platform compatibility (i.e. using the apps on your different devices to easily view and edit files), I'm not sure if there are 'free' choices for both operating systems (others will need to 'chime in' w/ advice); Microsoft PowerPoint on OS X will cost you and the iOS app is free, although there was an issue w/ MS's online account (needing a subscription, a policy which may have been changed?). There are also free 'office suites' (such as Open Office, LibreOffice, et al) that would run on a Mac but not sure that an equivalent iOS version is available. I'll stop there and let your contemplate these choices and ask more questions as needed. Dave :)

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the response. I have decided to just use iPad's default photo tool for now.
Is there a way to rearrange the photos?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Try Photo Sort for the iPad - you can create albums, label all images, rearrange them, doesn't require internet access once you've downloaded into the app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try Photo Sort for the iPad - you can create albums, label all images, rearrange them, doesn't require internet access once you've downloaded into the app.

Thanks for the response. I have decided to just use iPad's default photo tool for now.
Is there a way to rearrange the photos?

@ MacLover.... - well, the native Photo app of iOS 8.x has limitations and can be frustrating to use - once you have your images in Camera Roll (CR), you can certainly make 'new' albums but organization and labeling is limited; also, there are only basic editing features; in addition, keep in mind that these albums created on the iPad are 'virtual' ones, i.e. the contained pics are simply linked to the 'real' ones in the CR.

As suggested above, a third party photo organizational program may serve your purposes better - I've used PhotoSort and does what is stated above; however, another program on my iPad is Photo Manager Pro, just a $3 purchase - take a look at the link - you'll be much more happier w/ one of these apps - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.