imessage not working... Tried loads of things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
Hi. Iphone 4s, 1 year old...

I went away over christmas to spain, when I got back in the UK my imessage messed up.

It's turned on now, but will not send as blue imessage.

I have tried loads of things.

Restarting the phone, signing into my apple id account etc.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Friends get my messages (in green) and they reply (in blue maybe) and I don't get it, and theres loads of 'Bro you getting my messages or what' talk going on.

aNY HELP WOULD BE ACE.

thanks.

Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Go to Settings - Messages and make sure iMessage is on.it sounds like it was simply switched off at some point.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bad.
yeah it's on... I have tried to send messages to people who would normally and are on imessage but it still sends as green?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
I have this too. If I send a message to an iPhone it goes as an SMS if I use the phone number. I can force it use use iMessage by sending it to the email address associated with the recipient's iCloud account, so that's what I am doing.

It used to work properly even when you used the phone number, but seemed to break around the time of upgrading to iOS 8.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.