Keynote App - Drag object when Playing Slideshow

Reaction score
I would like to drag an object, such as a shape, on a Keynote slide on my IPad when playing the slideshow. Any tips if this can this be done?

C

chas_m

I haven't played with Keynote for iPad much, but this shouldn't be doable -- you are either editing a slideshow (in which case you can create an object like shape of course), or you are playing the slideshow (editing not allowed in play mode).

Perhaps you mean to say that you would like to *animate* an object to "move in" from offscreen? If so, let us know.

OP
P
Reaction score
The thing is I want to use the touch screen capability of an IPad to drag an object around. An example would be like a Football tactics board where the players are represented as filled circle (shapes).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can certainly use your iPad to drag objects around but not while playing a slide show in Keynote or Powerpoint. Why would you want to drag objects while the slide show was playing (except maybe for animation as member chas_m indicated)? You can setup animation in Keynote easily - if that's what you want to do.

OP
P
Reaction score
Many thanks for the threads so far. I use keynote a lot and am a relatively advanced user. My IPad will be reflected onto my IMac which in turn will be connected to a video projector. I then want to have a football (soccer) tactics board on the IPad and drag players (circle shapes) around randomly on my IPad for the audience to see projected via the video projector. For example, to stimulate how the players should run at a free kick The audience may interact and so I would not be able to rely on pre-made animations. I hope this makes sense.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It makes sense (what you're trying to do) but I don't believe there's a way to achieve that with Keynote. I wonder if you've thought about connecting your iPad directly to the projector? Perhaps you can then find a way to move the players around and simulate various situations of the game.

M

MacInWin

Or, if there is an app on the iPad to do what you want, then use an AppleTV and Airplay to send your iPad screen to the AppleTV to the projector? Kind of a kludge, but should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.