PDF's Not opening in Browser Preview

Reaction score
Ever since I update my IOS to Yosemite 10.10.1, any pdf link that I click on automatically wants to download rather than open in preview as before. Any fix for this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What browser are you using? Have you installed Adobe Reader?

C

chas_m

Download is the normal behaviour in Safari (at least mine), but when Adobe Reader is installed it often inserts a plug in (hard to remove) that opens the PDF within the browser. In this case, it sounds like the Adobe Reader plug-in hasn't made it into Firefox.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I am using Firefox most recently. I believe it is there. I see it in my launchpad and it says Adobe Reader XI version 11.0.10
Adobe Reader often likes to fool with PDF handling. In Firefox's preferences, go to Applications > search for PDF and change the type to "Preview in Firefox."

OP
W
Reaction score
I found the place that you refer to but it doesn't give me "Preview in Firefox" as an option. Is there a way to add that? I have one program that I have to use Firefox with or would bag the whole browser! It has really become a pain!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.