Memory for my iMac

Reaction score
I have been looking around and cannot find a memory card that fits the specifications that the apple site has given me. I need some more memory for my 21.5" iMac (Mid-2010). I don't need much I would be fine with just one 2GB card, if possible. If anyone could possible point me to a website or something that has some cards compatible with my mac, then please show me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2013 imac 21,5 inch 16 gb ram, samsung 840 pro ssd.
canadaram.com has an easy site to find what you need, they help me out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
canadaram.com has an easy site to find what you need, they help me out.

Good point and I was going to mention canadaram.com as an excellent place to shop, but I wasn't sure where the OP lived, as if it would make too much difference.

But I'd definitely suggest and recommend canadaram.com, and especially for any Canadian members here. I'm lucky, they're only a half-hour drive away from where I live. ;)

Reaction score
I went thru newegg.com when I up'd my memory. Got (2) 2gb cards with some shipping for around $45.

Reaction score
crucial.com

They can download a small...Whatever you call it, and tell you exactly what you need. Also, you can go to the Apple Icon in the upper left corner, click on "About this Mac" Click on Memory and it will tell you the type of memory you need, it will also show you the memory slots and what you currently have installed. Be sure not to exceed your computer's memory.

Reaction score
Pretty sure your best bet is Mac RAM Direct for your iMac.
We've used these guys for many years for all the machines in our office. They have their own house brand for discount and they also carry the Apple factory original RAM if you prefer.
I THINK this is your machine: http://macramdirect.com/imac.html#im0

Is this your model? : http://identimac.com/modelDetails/iMac/27.html

If not then just key in your serial number into IdentiMac and it should spit out your model specs.

Just my 2 cents, 2GB in this day and age isn't much and with all the memory hog software out there these day and the low cost of RAM, I for one would at least go to 4GB and more probably 8GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.