Extending wireless network?

Reaction score
I live in a ranch style house which is shaped like a horseshoe. At the very end of one end of the house (one end of the horseshoe), I have an airport extreme connected to the network via Ethernet. At the end of the L just before the house makes a turn to the other end of the horseshoe, I have an airport express plugged into the wall which is extending my network. Unfortunately, I lose the WIFI about 1/3 of the way down the hallway on the other end of the house. What is the best way to extend the signal to the other end of the house? Thanks for your help in advance.

Reaction score
Just to clarify...

You have one airport, the extreme model, at the one end of your house [or as you said the top of the horseshoe] and an airport express at the bottom middle [at the end of the L] that is acting to extend the signal. Is the airport express connected to the airport extreme via ethernet or wirelessly?

If the airport express is connected to the airport extreme wirelessly, it won't have as strong enough of a signal as it should to extend the signal to the other end of the house. If it were connected to the airport extreme, it would have a much stronger signal, possibly extending the wifi to the other end of the house.

This link to Apple's support page should help. If it doesn't, reply back with more information and I'll try to help you out even further with this. Apple Support Page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.