How do I get to my Time Machine when it's in the Time Machine backup?

Reaction score
I was closings several items open on my screen. All of a sudden there was this little cloud and a sound like I sent things to trash. I had trying to go to my "Applications" file right before closing all these open screens. Suddenly I have no applications file. So I try to go to my Time Capsule which unfortunately I did not have on my dock. Now I can't open my Time Capsule to restore my applications because it says... "You can’t open the application “Time Machine” because it is in a Time Machine backup." How in the world do I get to my Time Machine when it's in the Time Machine backup?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm having a hard time trying to understand what you did, but let's see if I can guess...

You accidentally removed your Applications folder from the Dock and it went "Poof!"? In other words, it disappeared? If that's what happened you don't need to replace it from your Time Machine backup.

Open your Finder. On the Finder sidebar you should have a folder named "Applications". Right click on it and then select "Add to Dock". That will restore your Applications folder to the Dock.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your reply. I did finally get it figured out. But now when I go to my Time Machine only the current time is there. Nothing else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.