Pages coversion to Word document corrupt

Reaction score
I am using Pages '09 version 4.3 on my laptop. Every time I export a certain document to MS Word format and try to open it on my Mac desktop (OSX Lion 10.7.5) in Word for Mac 2011 (version 14.1.0) it says the file is corrupt. I have also had other people tell me they couldn't open the file. I tried downloading a newer version of Pages on my desktop but was told I needed OSX 10.10 or later. Any suggestions? Does anyone else have this problem? It's my resume so I need to share it with other people who don't have Mac! I keep thinking I've solved the problem and then it happens again. I can't create such a beautiful resume in Word.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pages 09 should be able to export a document in Word format. Which format are you exporting to, doc or docx? Pages documents may not turn out in perfect Word format when exported but they should not be corrupt. You likely have some other problem if the documents are corrupt.

OP
Reaction score
other problem?

Any idea what that other problem might be that's causing the corruption? Is there any kind of formatting in Pages that Word particularly hates that you know of? If I have to completely recreate the document in Word it's never going to look the same... Exporting to pdf seems to work fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No unusual formatting that I know of. I have the latest version of Pages and Word 2011 that I use and can easily exchange documents back and forth between the two apps. There are some things like borders and cell graphs which do not convert correctly but usually can be fixed with a bit of editing. But like I said previously, I've never seen corruption.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.