Duplex Printing Word 2011

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac/Macbook Pro
I have an estudio 407CS duplex printer. I am confident it is installed correctly as I can print duplex from other Word docs that have bee sent to me via email. However, I cannot duplex print a doc that I have created. Please help I need it for Sunday. Is it a driver issue on my machine, is it a format issue on the doc I created? Boggled?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have an estudio 407CS duplex printer. I am confident it is installed correctly as I can print duplex from other Word docs that have bee sent to me via email. However, I cannot duplex print a doc that I have created. Please help I need it for Sunday. Is it a driver issue on my machine, is it a format issue on the doc I created? Boggled?

Well, you really need to provide more information about your equipment: 1) What Mac (model/year) are you using; 2) What OS X is installed; 3) What program(s) are you trying to print from, e.g. Pages, Word (Windows or Mac versions), etc.; and 4) What have you tried so far? Also, check in System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners to see if the Printer is installed correctly and what features are available. Just for starters - Dave :)

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac/Macbook Pro
Yosemite, IMAC 2012 mid, Word 2011, I can duplex print from other forums. It's not a driver issue, its a word 2011 issue. I have submitted a request on their forum as well, but to no avail. It is a formatting issue between landscape and portrait, but without the section break in the doc, I cannot change the format per page...so, is there ant other way to print this document duplex?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can duplex print Word documents sent to you but can't duplex print documents that you create, that would indicate that it's something you're doing or not doing which is preventing the duplex print. I don't believe it's a driver problem or you would not be able to duplex print documents that are sent to you.

It is a formatting issue between landscape and portrait, but without the section break in the doc, I cannot change the format per page...so, is there ant other way to print this document duplex?

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do here? Are you trying to print a document that has both Portrait and Landscape sections? As long as there is an adequate section break or page break the software should switch the orientation and utilize the duplex print feature of your printer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac/Macbook Pro
I have formatted the document correctly....and have portrait and landscape set up. However, duplex printing is not an option with a section break in the document and I am looking fro a way to overcome this.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry, I have never run into that before. I'm not doubting what's happening, it's just that I rarely if ever use a section break in the documents that I work with. It sounds more like a bug in the way Word 2011 is "viewing" the document. If you've already submitted a question to the Microsoft Mac Office forum, I'm sure one of the MS "MVP" experts there will be able to assist you in getting it to work.

Also, as a work - around, you might consider manually doing the duplexing of the paper yourself. I usually do that with long jobs I print on an old HP LaserJet that I have which does not support duplex printing. Just a thought....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.