13 inch or 15 inch Macbook Pro?

Reaction score
I'm going to university in a couple of months and would like to buy a retina macbook pro to take with me. However I can't choose between the two sizes, it comes down to more power on the 15 vs more portability on the 13. I would like the mac to last me 4-5 years, it will be mostly used for school work for my business and management degree, but would also be used for some light video editing and gaming.
Thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The basic difference between the two stock configurations of the 15" MacBook Pro…is the dedicated graphics hardware in the higher end model.

The basic difference between the lower end 15" MacBook Pro and the 13" MacBook Pro's is the size of the display.

Bottom line. Since you didn't mention "needing" the 15" display. Either get the higher end 15" MBP for the dedicated graphics hardware…or get one of the 13" MacBook Pro's.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.