Poll - MacBook Pro Problems

H

Harryc

This is just an informal poll to see how many of you are having one or more of the problems reported so far on the MBP.

OP
M

Meddie600rr

Just so far I noticed a slight buzz from the left side of the keyboard...knock on wood.

OP
H

Harryc

Since I got my MBP yesterday, I am able to add to this poll as well. I have the Airport disconnects on battery issue. People on various forums keep saying it's an Airport firmware problem, but I am not convinced. It seems to me that if it does not occur with the power charger plugged in, then it is most likely a power management issue.

Edit: Oh, before I forget, I also ran into a bunch of folks at apple.com forums that reported an inability to read or burn a DVD in the MBP's new drive. So, if you have that problem please just post it here. We ran out of poll options, the maximum is 10. That is not a good news statement for the MBP.

OP
A

AlexN

Harryc said:
I have the Airport disconnects on battery issue. People on various forums keep saying it's an Airport firmware problem, but I am not convinced. It seems to me that if it does not occur with the power charger plugged in, then it is most likely a power management issue.

It happens to me even when it's plugged. The airport drop happens quite randomly. I really hope a simple firmware update will solve the problem.

OP
H

Harryc

AlexN said:
It happens to me even when it's plugged. The airport drop happens quite randomly. I really hope a simple firmware update will solve the problem.
I'm with you there. I think this will turn out to be the much more common MBP problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
So far I am good.
A few software problems, but I re-installed and its all good
/me is glad I don't have the buzz (knock on wood)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.