Retrieve disappearing iCal events

Reaction score
My phone has been automatically deleting my calendar. Is this because I had set the preferences to syncing events 1 month back? I thought this related to syncing, not how long the calendar would keep events. Is there a way to retrieve these calendar events?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What model of iPhone do you have and what version of iOS? Are you using the default calendar app - I assume so given the title of your post. Also does something else have a copy of your calendar too? Like mine shows on my iPad and MB AIr. And where does your calendar back up too? I use gmail because I just recently moved from an android phone to an iPhone.

It is not the syncing 1 month back. That is the default and the way my phone is set. One thing I found that made a difference is my phone needed to be the default calendar so when they sync'd if there was a difference the phone took priority as that is what I use to put my appointments in. The others act as reminders for me. It sounds like something else is over riding the phone's calendar.

If you have set your calendar to back up to iCloud then you should have your data.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.