illustrator cs6 won't launch after updating to iOS 10.10.1

Reaction score
I searched to try and find this topic already in the threads but had no luck...sorry if it's redundant as I am a new user...

After updating my iOS to 10.10.1 my Adobe Illustrator CS6 quit launching and sent a "legacy Java SE 6 runtime" notice. The pop up had options for "More Info", and "OK". When "More Info" is selected it brings up a dead link to apple's forum.

I went ahead and un-installed illustrator, then downloaded and installed what I thought was the latest Java update...and then re-installed illustrator and it still doesn't run at all.

Having a hard time finding a work around to get the program to launch...it is the only one in my CS6 program suite that will not work....photoshop etc. are fine.

If there is any other information I need to provide I'll do my best to come up with it, and appreciate any help that is offered.

-AB

Last edited:
OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks @andylap...that link from adobe going to oracle is the one I've tried in the past, and it installs a version of java 8. I found the fix from looking around further at apple support communities: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6601242

this pulls up a link which has a download for a version of java 6 for iOS 10-
Java for OS X 2014-001

I installed that version and now my illustrator cs6 will launch. Whew, I can get to work again.

Thanks for your time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.