Final Cut Express HD Problems

Reaction score
I bought Final Cut Express HD today. It Installs fine, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

Configuration Error:

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• AGP graphics card.

This is on a Intel iMac.

Any ideas? I tried updated the software by clicking on the apple in the upper left and software update. Nothing came up. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
That program won't install on an Intel iMac. It needs a PowerPc processor.

See if you can take the software back to where you got it and get your money back.

Got this straight from Apple.com:

Minimum Hardware Requirements:

A Macintosh computer with a 500 megahertz (MHz) or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor (550 MHz for PowerBook G4, 450 MHz for dual-processor Power Mac G4 or G5) and an AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) graphics card compatible with Quartz Extreme; not supported to run on Intel-based Macintosh computers with Rosetta.
384 megabytes (MB) of RAM (512 MB required for RT Extreme and Soundtrack)
For HDV: A Macintosh computer with a 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster PowerPC G4 or G5 processor and 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM
1 GB of available disk space for application installation
5 GB of available disk space for Soundtrack content
9 GB of available disk space for LiveType content
DVD drive for software installation

Note the bold text...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, see if you can return it. Otherwise, a universal version is coming out soon, but will cost $45 to move from the PowerPC to the Universal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
rs2sensen said:
Yeah, see if you can return it. Otherwise, a universal version is coming out soon, but will cost $45 to move from the PowerPC to the Universal.

I can transfer my final cut studio for 45$ also, correct?

OP
C
Reaction score
Ah I see. You think the people at the apple store would no better. I will take it back today after work.

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, it can be installed

I bought Final Cut Express HD today. It Installs fine, but when I try to run it I get the following error:

Configuration Error:

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

• AGP graphics card.

This is on a Intel iMac.

Any ideas? I tried updated the software by clicking on the apple in the upper left and software update. Nothing came up. Help!

Your new 17" iMac does have a PCI-Express graphics card, not an AGP. When FCE HD was written by Apple there was no PCI-Express graphics card on the market and therefore your FCE HD installation does not know anything about that new computer and therefore thinks that you have an older graphics card in your computer.
You can "fool" FCE HD and make it run with your new iMac.
Do this:
- Control-Click on the Final Cut Pro application and select "Show package contents". ?- Open the contents folder and open info.plist with TextEdit. ?- Search for AGP replace it with PCI. ?- Save and close the file. ?- Open FCE HD and it works.

NB Did not test my HDV cam yet on the iMac/ FCE HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP15.4"Glossy 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB 7200rpm HDD
Hey, that actually works!! Thanks! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.