iPad 2 Not Responding

Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 that is not showing up in iTunes when plugged into my MacBook Pro. It is also in a constant state of "restarting" and cycles through the low battery screen, the Apple logo screen, and a black screen. All of this happened after it died the last time I used it. I have tried to reset it but that hasn't worked, and since it doesn't show up in iTunes I am unsure of what else to do. Any help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Not sure 'what' battery charge remains nor whether the device is useable?
But, my first suggestion is to use the machine (if possible) until the battery is exhausted and the iPad shuts down, then plug in the standard charger overnight - see what happens the next day - post back here - Dave

OP
J
Reaction score
I have no idea what battery charge remains, it is completely unusable as of now. It is just stuck in that cycle of reloading when plugged into my laptop. I will try charging it overnight with a wall charger and post back if there is any difference!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have no idea what battery charge remains, it is completely unusable as of now. It is just stuck in that cycle of reloading when plugged into my laptop. I will try charging it overnight with a wall charger and post back if there is any difference!

Good luck - not sure that my suggestion will help but worth a try - I just replaced my nearly 4 y/o iPad 2 w/ an Air 2 - the battery in the older device still seem in good shape, but you might still need a new one?

If the device does not come back to life, you might want to take the iPad to an authorized Apple repair shop for an assessment and possible estimate on a battery replacement. Since the machine is no longer under warranty and you are 'handy', check for an iFixit Guide that will explain the process and the level of difficulty (which I believe is quite high). Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.