google drive

Reaction score
realize most of you are more informed then I,
here's the question;
when trying to send files with my gmail, get window that it's too large, then get window to use google drive, which is very slow and apparently you have to give permission for the recipient to open it (which I forget sometimes), so I'm wondering is this the best/only way to be doing it?
I'm running OS 10.6.8 on my Imac.
thanks and bear with if I posted in the wrong place, I just signed up.

M

MacInWin

Most mail providers restrict the size files you can attach to an email. From what you say, google is restricting email attachments, but then offering you the opportunity to put the file on a drive in the cloud, to which you can point your intended recipient. I do the same thing, but use DropBox to be the intermediary. (I don't use gmail.) It does take time to get the file to the cloud, depending on the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
N
Reaction score
Most mail providers restrict the size files you can attach to an email. From what you say, google is restricting email attachments, but then offering you the opportunity to put the file on a drive in the cloud, to which you can point your intended recipient. I do the same thing, but use DropBox to be the intermediary. (I don't use gmail.) It does take time to get the file to the cloud, depending on the size of the file and the speed of your internet connection.

Welcome to the forum!

thanks and thanks for the info..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.