Issue with word for mac 2011.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have a users computer that they are having issues typing in word and word only. I can type anywhere else and it works fine and the mouse allows you to select anything in the word program.

I have tried restarts, command+option+p+r, updating OS X (Yosemite), and updating office to its latest version. I have also tried re-installing the office suite and nothing has been successful.

She is an older woman and doesn't have much patience and this is really starting to frustrate me. We work in a large office and cannot use pages or open office due to compatibility issues so word is the only option.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What type of issues is she having with Word? You said typing but that means nothing - be specific. Also, you stated that you reinstalled Word. Unless you completely removed Office according to the MS instructions, any errors in the basic structure of the program would remain. Office 2011 does not have an uninstaller and must be removed and reinstalled by following the MS knowledge base instructions. Also, did you check her hard drive with Disk Utility?

M

MacInWin

Is it possible that the system is set for font color white on a white background? I've seen that before, but in black on black.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.