Keynote 09

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I am toying with the idea of getting Keynote, but I know absoulutly nowt about it. What I want to do is to put a load of my photos, thousands eventually, into presentations. I have had a look at OpenOfice Presentations and they only allow a single photo at a time and I jave no wish to still be doing this on my 104th birthday. LibreOffice is what I am using at the moment, but it seems to have a mind of its own and keeps on taking my presentations from 200 odd photos down to 40 or so even after they had been saved and untill I found out how to turn off the auto save every 15 minutes was almost impossible to use.

So far I have heard Keynotes mentioned on a couple of threads on here but know nothing about it. I have had a look on the Apple site, but can't find anything to do with any software apart from Yosemite, which I have upgraded to and gone back to Mavericks after problems with a couple of periferials. So, can anyone please point me atwhere I can read some info on Keynotes and if possible tell me if it will do what I want to do please?

Also, just as a matter of interest, how much it will cost me :D:D

Edit : - I had a brain storm and looked again at the Apple site after a google search of 'apple keynote' took me to the home page on the Apple site. No sight nor sign of Keynote and it hadn't dawned on me that it would take me anywhere different. I tried to find the search box and suddenly realised it is shown as a magnifying thingy. I use the apple site very rarely and have never had to do a search before, silly me!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
You can buy Keynote from the App Store. £14 here in the UK. And you can import more than one photo at a time.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
You can buy Keynote from the App Store. £14 here in the UK. And you can import more than one photo at a time.

That's great news, thank you. Have you any idea if Keynote 09 that they are flogging on the Apple site is the one for Mavericks? I have hed a look and it only said, as far as I could see, that it's you Yosemite, but not if it's suitable for Mavs as well?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's great news, thank you. Have you any idea if Keynote 09 that they are flogging on the Apple site is the one for Mavericks?

Sorry, my 104 year old friend... ;D But the version of Keynote in the App store is the latest and that's version 6.5. Version 9 is no longer available for sale from the App store. And, although Keynote is a very good app (I use Powerpoint instead) I'm not sure it's going to be any better for your presentations than the LibreOffice version. You're in France so I'm not sure what the price would be in the app store. It's $19 in US currency.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Although I am living in France I am registered in the U.K. as I bought both Macs we ahve via Amazon U.K. To buy then here would either mean a great price hike or a French 'azerty' keyboard and that is about as friendly to me as a cornered rat!!! It is weird! The U.K. price is £14, but when the lower version was mentioned no price was asked or given? A freebe somehow?? I doubt it somehow?

I have finally found the purchase option in the App store and it actually told me that I needed a lower version that I could download, so I started it thinking that I would possibly get the choice of "oh you have Mavericks so all you need is the key number". I really am baive at times!! 450-ish meg on a 1.5 meg line and past my bed time already!!! I managed to pick up a stomatch bug the other day which has knocked me about a bit, so I will leave it to play with itself overnight ;D;D

Funnily enough, one of my very old ambitions is to be shot by a jelous husband as I leap from her bedroom window on my 104th birthday :Smirk::Smirk: The way I feel at the moment I might not make that one, but I'm trying very hard with my other one, to grow old disgracefully...

Reaction score
you can purchase iWork 09 on amazon and it will work on maverick and it won't cost you much

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi John, the only part I want or need is Keynote. I already have OpenOffice and that does all we need and more.

I have downloaded Keynote from the App Store and if I take the option "click to enter your purchased serial number or buy online" it takes me to the huge pit called the "apple.com home site. I have been here now for ages and going round and round in circles. I can't find any way to buy the dammed thing!! I mentioned about the French keyboard being about as user friendly as a cornered rat, but that apple web site makes it look bloody friendly!!!!!

I believe that I am now at the same point I was yesterday before I downloaded this lot. That was when Ihad the version I got when I downloaded Mavericks what seems a lifetime ago. Then I didn't realise I was going to want it so didn't get the serial number!

Reaction score
you don't need a serial number if you bought it from the app store.

the serial number version was for the maverick version only and the app store version won't run in maverick because they have updated the app store version to yosemite this is why you need to purchase iWork 09 on cd the serial is built into the cd

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your replies John. I did download it from the app store and I have opened the app store bersion and it works and saves. So it would appear that I have the correct version for Mavericks.

When I started the download late last night I seem to remember seeing a note that said I have Mavericks and i needed a different version, click here and download it? I was very tired at the time and just followed the instructions. For once, for me, it seems to have worked??

When I have been getting the request for a number I must have opened the version that I had when I got Mavericks and carried on, thinking that they were the same? I will delete the older version, use the last nights downloaded version and see if it is complete, but it definately seems to work fully?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.