Entourage Freezing Issues

Reaction score
My entourage starts up just fine but then after 5-10 seconds it freezes. It looks like it is freezing while downloading my Gmail. I cannot delete any of the accounts as it freezes too fast for me to do it. I need help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
More information is needed. What is your computer model, year, what version of OS X are you running. What version of Entourage? Any recent updates or hardware changes? How full is your hard drive?

Lisa

OP
J
Reaction score
I have a 2008 or 2009 MacBook Pro 17" notebook. I am running the most up to date OS X Yosemite. I am using 2008 Entourage.
The hard drive is not that full.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am not familiar with Entourage but I have a lot of familiarity with Outlook, another Microsoft product.

chscag gave you a link to rebuild your database which would be an excellent idea.

A few other thoughts that I have learned with my Outlook experience on my boss's computer. She loves to create folders and store emails. She also lets her junk mail and deleted mail folder get to astronomical sizes (don't want to accidentally lose something or change her mind.)

Plus she will open things she should not and then forward them to me to check out. All this on a Windows computer. So periodically her computer as well as Outlook gets extremely slow or just won't open at all. I have to make it a point to do weekly maintenance on her computer and on Outlook. Here is what has helped:

1. Empty all junk mail and deleted mail
2. Archive all folders
3. Repair the Outlook.pst file
4. Create daily backups of her Outlook.pst file
5. Run malware scans (not necessary on Macs!)

I know this does not have anything to do with Entourage but my point is you might look at what you have and see if any of the above issues could be causing the problem then rebuild the database.

Lisa

P.S. - And when the office starts the switch over to macs - she will get the first one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.