CD Keeps Ejecting

G

gigastar

I have recently reinstalled OSX 10.3 on my g4 ibook through another computer( via Firewire), the reason for this was that it would not allow me to insert any CD's. after installing OS successfully , I discovered afterwards that I am still having the same problem with CD's ejecting . is there a solution to this problem ? Terry

OP
B

bfx

Might be the drive has gone belly up - or needs to have the lens cleaned.

Sounds like either it can't read disks or the disk isn't loading correctly.

Is it a slot or tray drive?

bfx

OP
G

gigastar

RE: Cd ejecting

the ibook i have is tray drive, one minute it was working before i reformatted it, know it no longer accepts cd's. if lens is dirty is there a way of cleaing it ?

OP
B

bfx

OK - that should eliminate the drive transport as being the problem. Tray drives are pretty reliable - slot drives have a higher percentage of transport problems because of the design.

About the only way to clean the lens is to move the tray to the 'load' position - open - then use a can of compressed air to blow anything that might in the lens off. Don't go poking around too much with the nozzle - that might cause some misalignment or other damage.

Should be able to get a can at most photo and general electronics stores. Even grocery stores in my area carry some.

Very well could be related to the install although the second install should have fixed it up.

bfx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.