Airport works yet doesn't

C

code777

I don't get this... Sometimes when I'm on my iBook i get disconnected from the 'net. I go to my router and restart it, still nothing. Try to check network settings but it always says there is nothing it can do. Then I go on my iMac and again, it can't get online. So finally I'm doing all these things to try to figure it out get frustrated and unplug both my cable modem and router and leave for about 10mins. come back plug the modem in and then the router and everything works again!?

anyone else have these issues? I just don't understand it. Why would the iBook lose its connection (yet airport says its connected to the network) and then my iMac has no connection yet if i unplug both modem and router for say 10mins and restart both modem and router, everything works again...!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you just unplug the router does the problem consist. by restarting both there is no way of telling weather it is your modem or your airport that is going bad.... try only restarting one and leaving the other plugged in and if the problem persist then the problem is with the other piece of hardware. Let us know if its the airport or the modem..

if its the airport try setting it back to factory defaults and see if the problem persists.

OP
L

lil

Have you got any cordless telephones or microwaves operating in close proximity to your iBook or router? If so -- you could be getting interference from them as they share the same 2.4GHz spectrum and can mess things up.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.