Not receiving group messages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Hello all,

I have been having an odd situation with my fiance's iPhone 4S running 7.1.x on it, whatever the latest version is, don't really remember. But she has been telling me that when someone sends a group message, she doesn't have anything come in. Now i tried a localized test where i sent a message to a few people and was right next to all of the phones, and they all received it instantly or within a few seconds, but hers never got the message. Now she does receive iMessages if just sent solely to her, but not if there is a group. I did check settings and group messaging is turned on in Settings, I tried rebooting the phone, logging in and out of her itunes account, still not change. What could be the issue here?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Was everyone you tested with using an iphone? I know there is an issue with Apple products sending group messages to android. Perhaps you could try a different message provider? I feel like I recently read someone used whatsapp to solve the problem, but couldnt be sure.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Was everyone you tested with using an iphone? I know there is an issue with Apple products sending group messages to android. Perhaps you could try a different message provider? I feel like I recently read someone used whatsapp to solve the problem, but couldnt be sure.

You know what, I just did another test where it was all iPhones, and it did get to her, and she received updates in a group. But then did another where some were from android, iphone, and basic phones, and it didn't come in at all.

That is interesting, I think it just started happening after the upgrade to 7.1, I wonder if i upgrade it to 8 if it would fix itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.