Looking for a Better iOS 8 iPhone Photos App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro8,2
I am a new switcher to iOS 8 and eventually OSX. I like the Photo App but it will not list my photos alphabetically. I have a web comic I saved on my hard drive and files are named in sequence like 20141215 which stands for 2014/12/15 aka Year/Month/Date. but the default app ill not show them like that. is there any photo apps I can do that with and upload files from my computer?

Thanks in Advance, Alice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Alice - welcome to the forum! :)

I was on an iPad 2 for nearly 4 yrs which was just replaced w/ an iPad Air 2 - on iOS 8.1.2 - the native Photo App in iOS has always been frustrating to use - Apple even first deleted the 'Camera Roll' and then brought the feature back most recently! But photo organization and labeling of your images is a BIG letdown w/ this app (and has always been).

I've had PhotoSort & Photo Manager Pro on my devices for a while - both allow better folder management & image labeling - just check the iPad App Store and enter some search terms, such as 'Photo Manager' - look @ the comments & reviews; some are 'free' and others just nominal cost.

NOW, manipulating your photos on your computer and then transferring them to your iPad w/ all of the organization and labels preserved, that's going to be a 'crap shoot' - post back w/ further questions, please. Dave

OP
AliceSML79
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro8,2
Hi Alice - welcome to the forum! :)

I was on an iPad 2 for nearly 4 yrs which was just replaced w/ an iPad Air 2 - on iOS 8.1.2 - the native Photo App in iOS has always been frustrating to use - Apple even first deleted the 'Camera Roll' and then brought the feature back most recently! But photo organization and labeling of your images is a BIG letdown w/ this app (and has always been).

I've had PhotoSort & Photo Manager Pro on my devices for a while - both allow better folder management & image labeling - just check the iPad App Store and enter some search terms, such as 'Photo Manager' - look @ the comments & reviews; some are 'free' and others just nominal cost.

NOW, manipulating your photos on your computer and then transferring them to your iPad w/ all of the organization and labels preserved, that's going to be a 'crap shoot' - post back w/ further questions, please. Dave

thank you so much, the Photo Manager Pro App looks like what exactly what I was looking for. it allows for file name sorting. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.