Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) In iMAC Desktop

Reaction score
Trying to determine the quality of the DAC in my iMAC OS X, version 10.7.4. I'm considering buying an outboard DAC to possibly improve the sound quality to my headphones. My question is, does any member know what DAC is in my computer? Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
I too rip my CDs to my iMAC and am fairly happy with the results. However, I would like to improve the sound quality. Anybody know which DAC (manufacturer and model number) that is in my iMac OS X version 10.7.4. I'm considering buying an outboard DAC to possibly improve the sound quality to my headphones. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Trying to determine the quality of the DAC in my iMAC OS X, version 10.7.4. I'm considering buying an outboard DAC to possibly improve the sound quality to my headphones. My question is, does any member know what DAC is in my computer? Thanks

Well, you've already ask the same question in your other post HERE which several of us gave responses - double posting is frowned upon and is poor forum etiquette - hopefully a moderator will come along and decide how to best combine your duplicate questions. Dave :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, my very first postings on MAC Forums.com was not an attempt to deceive or violate rules. I thought my posting was appropriate for both forums. Let's hope that an authorized "moderator" will delete my posting that was placed in the wrong area and not penalize me for my alleged "poor forum etiquette." After all, I wouldn't want to be "frowned upon." The bottom line is that you didn't offer an answer to my question and you could have easily said what you did in a grown-up and mature manner. Your bully type response was not appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@aicgrad

Your posts were merged together in this forum. Cross posting causes confusion and answers to be scattered. Also, your response to member RadDave was impolite and not in compliance with our forum guidelines. He certainly didn't deserve it and was only trying to give you advice on how this forum works. Since you're new I didn't issue an official warning but you can consider this as a "heads up". If you have any questions about our forum guidelines you can read them by clicking on the link in my signature.

C

chas_m

And you might want to adjust the attitude while you're at it, chum. We help people because we want to, not because we have to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.