How to completely uninstall app and all support files.

Reaction score
I need to completely uninstall "4Media DVD Creator for Mac Ver. 7" as this program erases countless files, folders, contents of folders BUT leaves folders minus their contents, when clicking the "Finished" button within its 'Burn' work window.

Upon last using the program, when I was "forced" to resort to Finder/Force Quit to immediately halt further data erasure by this program, OS X 10.9 or 10.10 generated a report to "ignore/send to Apple". The instruction sub sets within that report "ID ed" the program as the source of the data erasure.

A sample to the destructive sub sets includes:-
"Duration: …. (process was unresponsive for 27 seconds…)" - the 'process' was clicking the "Quit DVD Creator" button within the program, (clicking the "Finished" button, before attempting to quit, started the erasure)
" 30 ClearDirContents(QString, bool, bool, QString, QString) + 519 (dvdcreator + 1272167) [0x137967]".

Can anyone please advise me how to ensure I delete all support files for this seemingly 'malware' like program?

Sincerely, PaulRanger1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
If the programme does not come with an uninstaller try AppCleaner from here.
AppCleaner

OP
PaulRanger1
Reaction score
Hello docx,

I thank you for your swift response. I've downloaded AppCleaner v2.2.3 and dropped the 4Media icon into the AppCleaner window. Emptying Trash now (around 1400+ items to delete). Thanks again.

Sincerely, PaulRanger1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
1400 items wow. Sounds like 4Media is definitely something to avoid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.