macbook pro 15 mid 2012 has no bluetooth 4.0 support

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 15 mid 2012, 512mb videocard and an ipad mini retina. I was trying to use handoff and I could not find "allow hanoff" in system preferences. After digging it showed that my macbook pro is not supported. I tried to use yosemite continuity tool but it showed that my computer does not have support for bluetooth 4.0 but on everymac my macbook pro 15 mid 2012 is presented as having bluetooth 4.0. I am really lost. Your help is highly appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What does it say about Blue Tooth when you run your system information application?

C

chas_m

I can assure you that it works on my 13-inch mid-2012 MacBook Pro, so it should work for yours. Try the system information report and see if your report matches what I'm seeing here:

MBP-bluetooth.png

Reaction score
Not all versions of Bluetooth hardware and software are created equal. Apple has had a history of using oddball networking set-ups.

Check with a local Apple Store if you can to get the real story.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.