Setting up mysql!!

T

thebryster

Hello all! I have had alot of difficulties setting it up! I think I have it installed but I can't get it to run certain commands! I can't seem to change the password either! I have tryed many many tutorials by none tell me where to type what I am trying to do! Can someone please help me? I need a setting up mysql for Dummy's tutorial! Thanks for helping :)

OP
J

jleecbd

thebryster said:
Well yes I have but when I try to change my password it won't work I get a error message like this : /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)' I have no Idea what to do!

Try http://www.serverlogistics.com and download the complete MySQL. It comes with a preference pane for setting the root password etc. Hopefully it will kill off the old install. I was having trouble getting MySQL installed properly until I came across their package. You can also get MyODBC from them, which, when coupled with iODBC and a couple of dead chickens, can even work with M$ Query in Excel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.