Suggestion for External Hard Drive !

Reaction score
I am looking for a external HardDrive 1TB.i Just want a suggestion which one can i buy(It should be Shock Prove )
Some suggested WD is good rather than Seagate and its Shock prove too but some said go for SP that is shock prove.i am confused int his concern

C

chas_m

No drive is completely shock-proof (correct spelling). Some are sold to survive drops better than others, but unless you live in an earthquake zone (or, I suppose, have a cat or small child), this wouldn't normally be a feature that would be at the top of the list, as external drives are intended to stay stationary.

You're probably looking for something like this:

LaCie Rugged SAFE 1TB 1000GB Hard Drive Shock Proof MAC | eBay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I am looking for a external HardDrive 1TB.i Just want a suggestion which one can i buy(It should be Shock Prove )
Some suggested WD is good rather than Seagate and its Shock prove too but some said go for SP that is shock prove.i am confused int his concern

Hello - just curious concerning the amount of potential shock you are expecting? The standards vary from 'military' demands to less stressful needs. Another consideration, albeit more expensive, is to consider a SSD drive rather than a mechanical HD? I found plenty of hits comparing the two HD types, just one HERE, if interested. Good luck - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.