Included in10.10.1, beyond what's listed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
I have 10.10 on my iMac and am happy with it.

Is there any reason to install the fix update? Not a single item on the list applies to my configuration and usage pattern.

What I'm wondering is if what's listed (below, from Apple) is a comprehensive list, or are there hidden items that they simply don't list.

I don't want to rock the boat with unnecessary "fixes" I don't need.

Improves Wi-Fi reliability
Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
Addresses an issue that could cause Notification Center settings to not be retained after a restart
Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well, I do tend to update when offered but admit it is not always the best course of action. For me, updating was necessary as I had several of the issues that 10.10.1 fixed. If you are having no problems and don't want to try it - don't.

Lisa

Reaction score
I do also wanted to update because of a new update but I still don't have any problem on 10.10. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Use it. Apple recommends it for all Yosemite users and there is no bugs or issues in it. Do a Google and see what other bug fixes and extrasfor enterprise users are included.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
Well I'll be darned. I had a niggling problem where iTunes wouldn't accept a paste in its search window, but after this update it does.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Apple only identifies a handful of issues in their updates, but the updates usually contain many more things that aren't specifically listed..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.