iPad won't turn on -- turned off with voiceover on

Reaction score
I turned on voiceover to have iPad read a book to me. Then I couldn't get voiceover off. So I totally shut down the iPad. Now when I try to turn it back on, and go to enter my 4-digit security code, voiceover reads the code to me, then tells me to swipe; but because a swipe means something different with voiceover on, it doesn't swipe the arrow to the right so the iPad won't go any further. How can I remedy this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
@Alicenogirl, welcome to the forum.

I hope in the six years since the thread started that the problem was solved. :)

You can see the date of the post in the red bar above the post, which in this case was Dec 7, 2014.

Actually, your link may of value to someone, so thank for posting and come by again soon!

Reaction score
@Alicenogirl, welcome to the forum.

I hope in the six years since the thread started that the problem was solved. :)

You can see the date of the post in the red bar above the post, which in this case was Dec 7, 2014.

Actually, your link may of value to someone, so thank for posting and come by again soon!
sorry for that I missing the date, but hope someone like me gets into this thread and gets the help.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
And that may very well happen! That's one of the reasons this forum does not close old threads. You never know when somebody will benefit from something that got solved long ago.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.