cannot download Vuze App for Mac

Reaction score
Am running Yosemite on 10.10.1 and windows on desktop say I have been successful with the download. However it does not appear anywhere. I have done several "search" s. In "Downloads" there are several HD icons that say Vuze but do not open.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And please do not cross post or double post. We removed your other thread on the same subject.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Vuze is for bit torrent and sorry to say doesn't work on yosemite yet

johnodd4 you have a perchant for making broad and sometimes blatently inaccurate statements. It might pay you to do a little research before giving people the wrong information.
I am running Yosemite OSX 10.10.1 and downloaded two items on Vuze 5.4.0.0 last night.
It runs perfectly on Yosemite but does require Java1.6.0_65
You will be given the option to obtain this at install which you can get from here;
Vuze Bittorrent Client - The Most Powerful Bittorrent Software on Earth :Not-Amused:

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Dear Win Jodell As stated above Vuze is available for Yosemite and runs fine. If you are having trouble downloading it and I suggest you use the develoers site above it might be that your Security settings are preventing it.
Have a look in Apple Menu > System Preferences > Security and Privacy > General.
If you see Allow Aps Downloaded From ; Mac App Store (only) change it to Mac App Store and Identified Developers. You might want to change it back later but this is the setting I use.
Good Luck,
Rod

C

chas_m

Bearing in mind that:

1. Vuze is almost exclusively used to pirate things, which is a great way to draw legal attention to yourself or pick up malware, and

2. Relies on Java, which means it must be nearly constantly updated for the wealth of security bugs that routinely pop up, most very serious ...

You might want to rethink your use of such a program.

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I definitely agree with chscag, all of what he says is true and the risks must be considered if one wants to use such software. It means putting certain practices in action both physical and mental. I have been using Vuze and its predecessor for over 8 years with no problems but I am selective about my sources and have several security measures and routines in place. Having said that the internet is a much more dangerous place than it used to be, so be warned it is a "use at your own risk" application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.