• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Genius Bar

N

noisemaker

I simply needed some place to vent and this seemed like a good a place as any.

The waits at the Genius Bar are ridiculous. And it's worse when you're behind 9 people that don't know how to explain their problem. I signed in at the website at 7:25, the next available was 8:30 pm, arrived at the store at 8pm. I just wanted someone to take my smoking iMac. It's 9:08 pm and I'm STILL here. Suggestion to Apple. Get a line of Lay-Z-Boys, a bar, or at least provide us with rope to hang ourselves with.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your iMac is Smoking? Which iMac is it? Where is the smoke coming from??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
dtravis7 said:
Your iMac is Smoking? Which iMac is it? Where is the smoke coming from??

lol

as to comment on the genius bar.. I have had very good experiences with them at short hills in new jersey. I make my appointment for lets say 7:15 and I get there at 7 just to make sure I am on time, and normally they take me early or right on time.. never been late. Although purchased pro care so I would not have to do it that way any more with making the next available appointment, and getting to choose my time, maybe that should be what you should invest in since the apple store where you live does not seam to be efficient.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
noisemaker said:
I simply needed some place to vent and this seemed like a good a place as any.

The waits at the Genius Bar are ridiculous. And it's worse when you're behind 9 people that don't know how to explain their problem. I signed in at the website at 7:25, the next available was 8:30 pm, arrived at the store at 8pm. I just wanted someone to take my smoking iMac. It's 9:08 pm and I'm STILL here. Suggestion to Apple. Get a line of Lay-Z-Boys, a bar, or at least provide us with rope to hang ourselves with.

Its not the stores fault they were busy be reasonable now, how many times have you been to the doctors and been seen at the time you were given? It was obvious to you they were busy but there is only so much people can do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
If the Genius Bars are going to be the primary face of Apple's support from now on, then they need to be better staffed at peak times at the more heavily-trafficked stores. I'm pretty sure they track wait times, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.