Deleting photos from IPhoto

Reaction score
What is the best way to delete all my photos and work off the external drive that I have copied them to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Just delete the iPhoto Library file. If you're really sure you want to delete everything in iPhoto.

C

chas_m

It's in the Pictures folder in your Home folder. It's pretty clearly labelled as "iPhoto Library."

Again -- because this is SUPER IMPORTANT -- make **absolutely sure** you have a full and complete BACKUP of this library before you throw it away.

OP
M
Reaction score
I found it. I had dragged it to my ICloud. I pulled it back and now I am concerned that if I delete it, I won't have access to the photos on our iPads . What do you suggest? I have two back ups of the iPhoto Library. 1 is on a flash drive and the other on my same 2TB drive that stays connected for my Time Machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.