Best business email that works with Mail app

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I own my own business and for 5 years have used Google Apps and love it since I find it so easy to find email, etc. I've had an iPhone always, and just used the built in Mail app which works well for the most part. What I don't like though is how searching for archived mail on the server almost never works, and browsing folders like Sent while on LTE has in the past downloaded gigs of mail pushing me over my limit. So usually when I need to find something old, I switch to the Gmail app. I'd use it as the mail mail app but I don't find it works that well, and I hate how if you receive an email and get a notification on your phone's lock screen, reading it on Gmail doesn't remove the notification (only the one from Mail app if I get the notice from both).

My camera on my iPhone 5 broke a couple months ago so in the interim I've been using a Nexus 5. Having the native built in Gmail app is insane amazing, it's literally like looking at my desktop mail and I can do all the same things. I bought the iPhone 6 Plus though as I am an Apple person, so I want to reevaluate our companies email options.

I'm totally fine with using Mail.app on OS X over a web client, but I'm looking for what works the best with the iPhone's built in Mail program in terms of wanting to find mail from ages ago and so on. I'm assuming it would be Exchange but wondering if there's any quirks etc. I know I can use Gmail with Mail.app also on OS X but if I am going to do that then Office 365 would make more sense, as Gmail really is best in a browser.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
I don't know what laptop/desktop you have. If you have a Mac desktop/laptop how up to date is your OS X? If the latter do you have an iCloud e-mail address? The big advantage of using iCloud is that you can set up folders on your laptop/desktop and, once set up, you can move e-mails to them.

When next at your laptop/desktop you can then transfer them to your Mac files in Mail to avoid having too many files in your iPhone.

I note that none of the experts have addressed your problem so far so I hope that this is helpful. By the way it does help if you put info about your Apple devices in the relevant part of your Forum profile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.