Vista drivers for macbook pro 2012 or alternative?

Reaction score
Are there any drivers that I can install to get vista running correctly. It is installed perfectly on my mac just no drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
If you're running Windows, the vendor is generally responsible for the drivers. I guess my question is which drivers do you need? You probably are using the generic Microsoft provided drivers. It may have been good to the system hardware information. You could boot back to the OS X and capture that info

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are there any drivers that I can install to get vista running correctly. It is installed perfectly on my mac just no drivers.

Details about your Mac? Version of OS X? And lastly, how did you install Vista?

If you correctly installed Vista using Boot Camp, then the drivers are already provided for you, but without any other information, we can't answer your question.

OP
M
Reaction score
I installed vista not using bootcamp. I am running 10.10. The keyboard works, the display works but is grainy, and the cd drive works. The backlight on my keyboard, the usb inputs, internet, and right click doesn't work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's fine, but you're not answering our question.... which Mac do you have, model and year? The reason this is important is that a late model Mac (from 2011 to the present) can not run Vista. Why? Because Apple has no drivers for Vista or XP for those model Macs. You need to obtain Windows drivers from Apple. A Mac from 2011 to the present can run Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a macbook pro no retina 2012. I guess there is no drivers then. Thats sad. :(

Your machine can only run Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. And that means using Boot Camp to obtain the latest Apple drivers for your hardware. Don't feel bad, the new Apple Mac Pro can only run Windows 8 or 8.1. That's called progress. ;)

OP
M
Reaction score
Your machine can only run Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. And that means using Boot Camp to obtain the latest Apple drivers for your hardware. Don't feel bad, the new Apple Mac Pro can only run Windows 8 or 8.1. That's called progress. ;)

But there is a windows game I want to play. Guess I can't, because it only runs on xp or vista. Time to buy a cheap computer to run it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But there is a windows game I want to play. Guess I can't, because it only runs on xp or vista. Time to buy a cheap computer to run it.

Actually, sometimes that's the smart thing to do. It's too bad you need to spend more bucks, but if you really like that game, that's the way to go. Of course if you have lots of dollars to spare, you could buy a new Dell Alienware to run your game. :Cool:

OP
M
Reaction score
Lamo. Actually that was one of my picks when I was getting my laptop a macbook and an alienware. I love my mac though. I would love an alienware though. Anyone want to donate? LOL!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.