Word 2011 – Form Text Box very hard to edit

Reaction score
I’m trying to create a form using Microsoft Word that allows the user to check boxes with a click and also allows easy-to-edit text spaces.

Using the Forms toolbar in Ribbon to insert check boxes, the only way check boxes become clickable is if I lock the form. If I lock the form, the user cannot access the blank spaces elsewhere on the form (where text responses should go).

If I use the Forms toolbar to insert text fields as well as check boxes, then it is a pain in the neck to edit the text. The entire text field becomes active/highlighted so that the a paragraph cannot easily be moved, a single word cannot easily be changed, etc.

Does anyone know how to get clickable check boxes and easy-to-edit text?

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums

Does anyone know how to get clickable check boxes and easy-to-edit text?

I'm not sure you can do that with Word. (I've never tried it.) A form like you're proposing is usually created with other software such as Adobe Acrobat and exported as user editable PDF. I believe most on line forms are also created that way.

If you can't get any ideas from our forum, you might want to try the experts at the Microsoft Mac Office forums. You'll need to register with them but registration is free.

Microsoft Mac Office Community

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.