Need advice for replacement problem

arl

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some advice, maybe one of you have same problem like mine before.

So I will try to sort what happens that relate my ipad until now.

October 15th 2013 – I purchase my ipad mini 64GB at Delta Plaza, Surabaya-Indonesia, and it's around USD 700 at that time estimate the currency is USD 1 = IDR 10,000.-

April 2014 – I've got issue with my ipad, it can't turn on after feel overheat on the backcase.

April 2014 – So I've brought my ipad to AASP Surabaya, but unfortunately they can't replace my ipad, because they don't have stock for replacing ipad mini 64gb.

April 2014 – I send email to [email protected], and report about my ipad issue and I sending my ipad picture in flawless condition with the box. And then, view days later one of Executive Relations (ER) call me, and responding my report and give me an explanation that this ipad must be brought to Singapore.

And for me it's impossible to go to Singapore only for replacing my ipad, because the cost is too expensive.

FYI :

The cost for flight to Singapore is around 5.000.000 IDR ($500) for go-return trip.

Mei 30th 2014 – After 1 month, I take decission to using 3rd party service, that saying can help me to replace my ipad, and only paying for handling fee 700.000IDR ($70).

June 14th 2014 – This 3rd Party report to me that my ipad already at AASP Singapore, but my ipad warranty is void because liquid damage. So if I wanna get replacement, I must paying S$267.50 (and it's not included handling fee) for the charge of replacement. So I said to him, that I want to think about this and I'll give him answer two or three days later.

June 16th 2014 – I try to check my ipad SN at selfsolve.apple.com, but the status said that my ipad is has been replaced. So I call Apple Singapore because i'm curious, why it can be has replaced, even I'm not giving my answer to this 3rd party, and then I told my story to the operator, and then he ask me to speak with one of apple IT support.

So The IT Support said that my ipad has been replaced from June 11th 2014. And there's no cost that I have to paid, because it's cover from the warranty, and he told to me there is no liquid damage.

Also this IT support said to me not to pay for the replacement cost that 3rd party asking for, and that's why I'm asking to this IT Support, is it possible if I'm not paying the replacement cost, the 3rd party give me my old ipad that has replaced before. But he make sure to me, there is no way my old ipad can return me, because the policy is after the ipad replaced, the old one won't return to customer, and it will keep at apple warehouse. After hear this information, so I confirm to this 3rd party service, that I won't paying for the replacement cost, and he said that he will take my old ipad again at AASP Singapore.

August 2014 - after two months no information about my ipad, I ask to this 3rd party, when my ipad will come? but he said that his friend who handling my ipad, is not at Singapore at that time. So I told him about information that I get from apple Singapore, about my ipad is has been replaced and it's totally free. Even if he not believe to me, he can check my SN at selfsolve.apple.com that said my ipad status is has been replaced. But the answer he give to me make me shock, he said that he has same cases before, that apple confirm that it's has been replaced but in fact he can take the old ipad back. And he dares to give me bail 4.000.000IDR ($400) that he can take my old ipad and the agreement is if he can give it back to me, I must give back his money 4.000.000IDR. (at this situation he looks very sure, that he has doing like this before)

September 28th 2014 - the 3rd party told me that I can take my ipad at his store. And then what i'm worried before is happen. What he gave to me is my old ipad. With conditon the LCD is open and there big hole at the place simcard ejector. Of course I'm arguing this with the 3rd party how my ipad with flawless condition can be like this. And he said that the condition is same like what he get from apple singapore. So after arguing, I'm trying to make sure if this ipad are really my genuine iPad. After view minutes to check, I believe the SN at the backcase is same as like mine and it's original, and I have to give back this 3rd party money that used for bail.

At that night, I report about this by email to [email protected] and cc the ER that helped me before. And report about my situation and my ipad condition.

October 6th 2014 – after one week my report to [email protected] by email, the ER respond and call me, and he asking information about the 3rd party that I used for handling my iPad. And he will investigation about this case.

October 15th 2014 – Then the other ER called me and inform me that my ipad is already at Apple warehouse, so it's impossible that I hold my genuine iPad. So I ask her how can I make sure to her that my iPad is the genuine one, so she give me advice to brought my ipad to AASP Surabaya to checking because I can say that the backase is just same like mine, and there's no way that iPad has same two Serial Number, and she said thats fine. And she send me an address AASP at Surabaya-Indonesia.

October 17th 2014 – I brought my iPad to AASP Surabaya, after they listen my case, and see my iPad condition, they can said that from what they see, the backcase is genuine one because there's no way two iPad have same one SN. But for the machine on the inside they not sure, because they have no tools and authority to open my ipad. But they are very cooperative to help me and take some picture of my iPad, and help me to sending to this ER by e-mail.

But this ER still not believing me and still arguing that my genuine iPad is already at warehouse. And she told me that this AASP Surabaya not sure that the backcase is genuine. So I call again to AASP Surabaya and asking about that ER statement, and the funny thing is AASP Surabaya confirm that they sure that the backcase is genuine, even if they not sure this is the genuine one, why they must sending my backcase picture to this ER by e-mail. If they sure this is not genuine one, they must be won't to sending my backcase picture.

I already sending picture of my ipad that with me now, my purchase receipt, my ipad box.
Some my friend, and some operator in apple premium reseler at Surabaya after hear my story seeing my ipad condition, told me that this 3rd party is scam me and maybe he have connection with apple warehouse or AASP Singapore that work together. Because my ipad status is already replaced, and how it can back to me again like this condition, and AASP Surabaya give me an explanation that my iPad is KBB = known bad board. And KBB is must not back to customer after get replacement. And they help me to see my replacement ipad serial number, and the status is active. So outside there my replacement ipad is active and the broken one is return to me. I don't know how it can be apple service like this?

Maybe any advice from you guys???
For me thats USD 700 that I used to purchase the ipad is not easy to get it.
Thats why I'm still trying looking for the solution for my case.

Thanks in advance.

Ps : sorry for my language :)

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac-Forums

Maybe any advice from you guys???
For me thats USD 700 that I used to purchase the ipad is not easy to get it.
Thats why I'm still trying looking for the solution for my case.

We're certainly sorry to hear about all the trouble and run around you've experienced with regard to your iPad Mini. Apple support is excellent here in the US and Canada and other countries of our membership such as the UK and Australia. My only suggestion to you is to keep up with your contact with Apple and if necessary use any consumer protection law that you have in Indonesia to assist you.

OP
A

arl

Reaction score
Welcome to the Mac-Forums

We're certainly sorry to hear about all the trouble and run around you've experienced with regard to your iPad Mini. Apple support is excellent here in the US and Canada and other countries of our membership such as the UK and Australia. My only suggestion to you is to keep up with your contact with Apple and if necessary use any consumer protection law that you have in Indonesia to assist you.

Hi chscag, thank you for your advice,

actually I already called to apple support australia, because aasp surabaya told me that apple support australia more consider with customer problem with the device.
But in the end, still this ER whom not believing me that respond my report to apple support australia.
She still arguing that my ipad is still at their warehouse. So its useless for me called to apple support australia, because they will ask her to responding again my report.
And aasp surabaya, give me advice just like what you said, keep contact to apple maybe the other ER will respond my report and give me other solutions, but i feel so hopeless to contact again to apple because maybe this ER whom not believe me will respond again my report.
Because when she called me and respond my report she only blame me and not give me any solutions. because she only look from her database about my ipad, not see from the facts from my report and statement from aasp surabaya.

Is it tcook email still working??? because from my last email to report about my problem, there's no reply or respond from apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is it tcook email still working??? because from my last email to report about my problem, there's no reply or respond from apple.

I'm sure Mr. Cook's email is working, however, he's a very busy person and probably receives lots of mail. I don't know if he personally reads them and answers them though. Possibly he has a secretary or his staff that does that. I really don't know.

I don't know anything about your consumer laws there in Indonesia but it may be time for you to hire a lawyer or someone with legal knowledge who will help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.