Unintentional FaceTime calls

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the 6 or new IOS making facetimes calls to certain numbers unintended? and if so what to do to correct.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean "unintended"? Is your iPhone making FaceTime calls without you activating the call?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just went through all the settings on my iPhone. The only one that "possibly" could be causing the problem would be (on your iPhone)

Settings, FaceTime (on), and iPhone Cellular Calls (on)

That would allow FaceTime calls to made from your Mac when it's nearby on the same network and signed into your iCloud account. Those FaceTime calls could be made directly from your contacts list on your Mac.

If it's not that, I really have no idea what could be causing it. Maybe someone else can chime in here and suggest something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Yes, a couple of times when I first updated to iOS 8. Recent updates have solved the issue. That was on my iPhone 5. Now I have a 6 with iOS 8.1.1. No more problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.