snap to grid

Reaction score
I enabled snap to grid on my Yosemite laptop. I noticed that if an icon is deleted from the Desktop, the remaining icons don't automatically re-arrange themselves. I right-click on the desktop, but there's no refresh option. Is it possible to set up the Desktop to automatically refresh when an icon is deleted or icons are moved around?

OP
D
Reaction score
You have to pick a "sort by" option to get automatic refresh.

After I sent the post, I researched it on Google. I can click on "Clean up by..." & choose name or whatever.

It still isn't an automatic refresh. I hope that Apple includes that in a future update to Yosemite.

The reviews are correct. Yosemite is a major upgrade. I'll almost have to start learning all over again!

Is it possible to send suggestions for future updates to Yosemite to the powers-that-be at Apple?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
After I sent the post, I researched it on Google. I can click on "Clean up by..." & choose name or whatever.

It still isn't an automatic refresh. I hope that Apple includes that in a future update to Yosemite.

It's been this way since OS X was released about 14 years ago.;)

Is it possible to send suggestions for future updates to Yosemite to the powers-that-be at Apple?

Sure it is.:)

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.