Image Capture not seeing my iPhone

Reaction score
With a full iPhone5, I have to offload the images onto my MacBook Pro but Image Capture (which I can't seem to find in the LaunchPad, however, loads from the Mac Search facility in the top R of the desk top on the MacBook Pro) yet Capture is not seeing any of my other "i" devices.

I am looking for the best way to transfer my images from the iPhone to the MacBook Pro

How do I:
1) locate the Image Capture icon
2) have it see my iPhone and iPad Mini

Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

1. Image Capture is, like all your other applications, located in the Applications folder. If you use it a lot, you might consider adding it to the Dock.

2. Normally, people use iPhoto to transfer pictures from an iOS device to their computer. Any particular reason you're not doing it that way?

OP
F
Reaction score
None, other than a quick search and also YouTube tutorial.

Either way, neither software shows my iPhone to be present.

Image Capture has "Devices" and "Shared", both of which have Zero in their respective boxes.

iPhoto on the Mac has nothing in "Events" through to "Places".

edited ... I am seeing a set of options on the top bar and playing with them now.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.