2 isights on one rev B iMac G5? (a personal "adaboy" forom Fallooza for any help

F

Fallooza

Is it/has anyone tryed ta use more than 1 isight on a rev B iMac G5 or any other mac. reason i ask is that i want ta have one at my front door so i can see who is there (dont want ta answer if its the cops). then use the other for ichat. I want them ta work at the same time. Any help would be appreciated. (i didnt serch so hopefully this hasnt been covered)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I don't think so, since only one app can use the iSight at a time.

I could give it a try with the iMac's built-in iSight and the regular external one at work though if you like.

OP
F

Fallooza

Aptmunich said:
I don't think so, since only one app can use the iSight at a time.

I could give it a try with the iMac's built-in iSight and the regular external one at work though if you like.
Adaboy! i plan on usin 2 apps for the isightss, one for each. its not the exact set up but if its no trouble let me know what happens. Thanks Yo

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
i guess you could if u have the isight thats built in the iMac, but you would need some long extension cords for it.

OP
F

Fallooza

biggyme13 said:
i guess you could if u have the isight thats built in the iMac, but you would need some long extension cords for it.
Adaboy! Actually i would have ta use two isights cus i dont have one built in. Ive seen powered extensions for firewire ona setup posted on digg awhile back. they were like 30 ta 50' long.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
wow thats one h-e-l-l of a cord!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll give it a whirl today if I have a chance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE:

I just tried it yesterday, and it actually does work!
I hooked up our iSight camera to an intel iMac with built-in iSight and you can use one signal in one app and the next app will just use the other video signal.

(I tried this with photobooth & ichat, but I'd imagine other apps will work as well).

So you should be able to spy on your neighbours just fine...

OP
F

Fallooza

Aptmunich said:
UPDATE:

I just tried it yesterday, and it actually does work!
I hooked up our iSight camera to an intel iMac with built-in iSight and you can use one signal in one app and the next app will just use the other video signal.

(I tried this with photobooth & ichat, but I'd imagine other apps will work as well).

So you should be able to spy on your neighbours just fine...
Thanks! ill send iWhat ta give ya a big hug and kiss ASAP. ADABOY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
zap2 said:
can i ask why we don't want to answer for the coppers?

I think he was messing with us. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
an alternative to buying a huge firewire cable is buying a firewire to ethernet and using a longer ethernet cable, its way cheaper.

OP
F

Fallooza

macAttack said:
an alternative to buying a huge firewire cable is buying a firewire to ethernet and using a longer ethernet cable, its way cheaper.
Adaboy! i had no idea i had this option thanks.
zap2 said:
can i ask why we don't want to answer for the coppers?
illegal activity, seems obvious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.