Apple TV Rumors?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina iMac Late 2014, 4GHz I7, 4GB graphics, 16GB Ram, iPhone 5S, 17" Dell Laptop
Hi All,
I'm about to buy an Apple TV unit. Has any one heard any rumors that a new and improved version is around the corner?
Thanks

C

chas_m

"Around the corner" is a relative term, but yes I expect Apple to offer a 4K-ompatible Apple TV early next year. If that's not important to you, then you can probably buy the current one with confidence. A new model MIGHT have features beyond just 4K compatibility, but I'd imagine most of them would be also available in the current model, following a firmware/iOS update.

Reaction score
What i feel according to some rumors Apple is working with some tech companies to form some thing new thing

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm about to buy an Apple TV unit. Has any one heard any rumors that a new and improved version is around the corner?
Thanks

Here are the rumors...

- June release date
- gaming functionality (with gaming controller)
- live TV subscription of conventional networks has been in negotiations forever (rumored $30 subscription fee for the channels)
- It's own AppleTV app store
- Airport Express like WiFi extension abilities

There is no telling if any or all of those will come to fruition, those are just the "rumors". Which are often like a "wish list" written by geeks baiting for page clicks. So take it for what it's worth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.