USB3 for Mac Pro 3.1 (early 2008)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.1, 32MB, 1TB SSHD, 13TB HD, OS:10.10.1
Will Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 4 Port PCIe Card work with yosemite.

I have found that my Inateck KT4004 does not work with Yosemite on my Mac Pro 3.1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Guess you are a little young to be in Bill's famous painting.

However there are mixed reports on all USB3 cards. If you want to spend your money, Sonnet would be about the best way to go. Have a read of this:-

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1501482

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 3.1, 32MB, 1TB SSHD, 13TB HD, OS:10.10.1
Thanks Harryb,

I am actually only about 12 years younger, so yes I do remember him. A copy of the painting in question also hangs in the Wangi Pub! So I'm fairly familiar with it.

I have read that thread. Unfortunately the situation is a bit confused and I am not sure how many of the comments are relevant to Yosemite.

I have heard back from Inateck and they have acknowledged that they have had a number of reports of the KT4004 not working with Yosemite. They are looking into the cause but they are not making any promises and I am not holding my breath.

I Guess with Yosemite being so new it is either suck it and see or wait a while until the dust settles.

Funnily, I have an older CalDigit card (the non Pro version) which still works but it only permits connection of hard drives (crashes the machine if you connect a hub!).

Have a great day.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.