Transfer iPhoto application?

Reaction score
This is perhaps a dumb question but I really need some help. I have two i Macs, mine and my wife's. On my iMac the iPhoto application is at 7.1.5 and I am suddenly having all kinds of problems with it. The other it is at 9.2.3. Is here a way to copy the 9.2.3 and install it on my Mac?Both Macs are running at 10.6.8

Thank you

poppi

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We're going to need more information to answer that question. Do both computers have the same version of OS X on them? Did you purchase the newest version of iPhoto from the App store?

OP
P
Reaction score
We're going to need more information to answer that question. Do both computers have the same version of OS X on them? Did you purchase the newest version of iPhoto from the App store?

As I stated, both are at 10.6.8. I went ahead and tried to copy and load the newer iPhoto version but got a message that it would not work with 10.6.8 which is a mystery since both are at that version.

No longer matters. I as trying that in desperation as I was suddenly unable to print in my 7.1.5 (missing themes). I searched the internet and forum and apparently this is a problem that goes back several years but nothing worked. Since I knew that the later version DOES work I thought it might solve my problem if I upgrade my Mac to the later version but alas that was not to be.

SO - I went to my wife's mac and found library > applications support > iPhoto > themes which, for some reason, suddenly went missing in my Mac. I copied that string, pasted it into my Applications support, and now I have themes and can print again.

Many thanks for trying to help out

poppi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.