iPhone doesnt send emails at home with WiFi ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi All, Emails dont get sent when using my WiFi connection at home.

They will ONLY send if I switch OFF WiFi and switch ON Cellular, please why would that be ? has anybody any ideas PLEASE.

I cannot find anything relevant to this problem in SETTINGS !!!!!

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Just a thought - how is the firewall on you home router set. Email uses different ports and while most routers do not have those blocked, some do if the firewall level is set too high.

I had issues with email when I set my router firewall to medium, which was the default factory setting. But when I set it down to low, email worked fine.

I didn't have any issues until iOS 8. Not sure what Apple changed because the port settings were the same, I just know I had to lower my router firewall settings. Not my preferred setting but I have the firewall on my mac turned on.

Lisa

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Just a thought - how is the firewall on you home router set. Email uses different ports and while most routers do not have those blocked, some do if the firewall level is set too high.

I had issues with email when I set my router firewall to medium, which was the default factory setting. But when I set it down to low, email worked fine.

I didn't have any issues until iOS 8. Not sure what Apple changed because the port settings were the same, I just know I had to lower my router firewall settings. Not my preferred setting but I have the firewall on my mac turned on.

Lisa

Thank You so much for that suggestion Lisa, I shall pass that message on to the young ladies Dad who is a distant friend of mine, who is trying to help his daughter also from a distance, if that makes sense ?, these people have a thing about Forums, they dont fully understand how VERY helpful the people are, who frequent forums. they are sadly still living in the dark ages LOL.

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Good luck. I don't know what Apple changed in iOS 8 or Yosemite but I had problems with both and as soon as I lowered my firewall settings all was good. I even tried setting it back to it's medium setting after iOS 8.1 came out and OS X 10.10.1 to see if the issue had been fixed. No luck. I had to set it back down.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.