• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac getting ripped to shreads!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
well i posted a thread on my computer science forums about starting up a mac society, since there are a few mac users in my computer science class. anyway it got compeltly ripped to shreads by windows users (obviously) and what shocked me the most is even some of the mac users in my computer science class were having a stab at macs :mad: what a sad uneducated world we live in.......

.......there was one guy who sent me a link to what he said was an already existing mac society at my uni, and it was just a link to a "lesbian gay and transexual" website

M

MJGUK

Well without wanting to judge your classmates too much, from your comments it sounds like the problem lies more with their mental ages, than Mac Computers.

F

Fallooza

i cant help but ta think it is your own fault. i mean they didnt have a windows society? did they? as soon as you started your thread at that other forum you made yourself a target.

L

lil

What people say about Macs I could not give a flying monkeys about. Doesn't change what I think.

Though that said today at work where I use my Mac; I was musing about the wireless key not being saved and so forth, and that you need to explicitly save it in the keychain as a security measure -- something Windows users are not too well acquainted with :flower: Of course I said it as very much a joke as I really do think the ability to have choice is so important and for that one reason, I will always understand why people use Windows.

Oh and I never fight back, man is that a way to add fuel to a fire. If peeps can fight over operating system choice, it is little wonder that other arguments in this world have risen to such ridiculous heights.

Anyway... another matter for another day!

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.