Problem Lacie Rikiki 1TB - Not recognized anymore

Reaction score
Hello, my 1TB Lacie Rikiki isn't recognized by my computer (mac) anymore. Last week it worked perfectly well. Now when I connect it, the little orange light does switch on but stays fix, whereas it used to flicker when the drive functioned well.
I connected the drive to a PC last week, and it has not worked on my mac ever since. I don't know whether this could have something to do with the problem. This is a drive consisting of two parts: a part readable by mac only, and another part readable by both PC and mac.
Can somebody please give me some advice as to how to make it function again, or at least recover the data?

I thank you for your attention

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think what you're saying is that your LaCie drive is divided into two partitions; one for the Mac and the other for both the Mac and PC (probably FAT-32). Attaching it to the PC should not have damaged the drive. It's probably coincidental.

You may be able to remove the hard drive from the LaCie carrier case, put it in another case (SATA to USB), attach it to your Mac or PC and extract the data that way. Note though, if you remove the drive from the case, it voids the manufacturer's warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.