Locking SIM card - SIM PIN

Reaction score
iPhone 4s. Having just watched Watchdog on the BBC about a scam relating to SIM cards I thought it a good idea to PIN protect my SIM card, the phone is already locked with one. However, when I go to "settings" - "phone" - "SIM PIN" - and I turn SIM PIN "ON", it says "Enter PIN to lock SIM.

I have never "locked" my SIM to date so don't have a SIM PIN. I tried the phone lock PIN but it is wrong and it says I only have two attempts remaining!! What happens if I try a couple more (wrong) numbers?

So where do I find what my SIM PIN is please :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
So where do I find what my SIM PIN is please

The SIM Pin is set by your carrier, not you. Some carriers use a default SIM Pin while others will set it for you. Be careful about using one because if you fail to enter the correct SIM Pin, you can lock yourself out of the phone and then you'll need to take it to your carrier or Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.