I Need Specific Instructions to restore Itunes music from Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Hi All . . .
I need step by step detailed instructions on how to restore my iTumes music only from Time machine. I was attempting to make mp3 copies of my music to put on my phone. In the process, I have copies of songs in ACC and mp3 formats in my music folder. I went through and tried to delete only the mp3 copies but managed to delete some of the originals as well. I though using Time machine to restore the iTunes music folder would be easy. Anyway, a long story short...I have made a mess of things. I have never used TM and I cannot figure it out. I don't know what to select and it asks for destinations and such. Someone please list step by step instructions on how to do this. I also have a CCC back up as well. Luckily, I updated my CCC just before I started. Would CCC be easier to use? I would need instructions on how to do this as well.
Thanks in advance.

Also, for some reason Trash did not list "Put Back" when I tried to move the "good" songs back to iTunes.

Screen shot 2014-11-27 at 3.08.46 PM.png

OP
Dogbreath
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
OK...I can get this far. But I just need the songs...not the app or plug-ins nor all the other stuff here.

Screen shot 2014-11-27 at 3.28.04 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use CCC, it's much easier.

1. Boot from the CCC drive.

2. Open the iTunes music folder (on the CCC drive)

3. Drag and drop it in place on your internal hard drive.

Actually, you don't even have to boot from the CCC drive in order to do the same thing. Time Machine should be used only if you need to go back in time past where you made your latest CCC backup. I do my restores the way I described and it's fast, easy, and safer than using Time Machine.

OP
Dogbreath
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you so much for your reply. Let me try this and I will let you know how it turns out.

OP
Dogbreath
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My iTunes music is back as it was. Thank you chscag. Does anyone have any idea as to why "Put Back" does not appear when I right-click Trash?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.